My first experience with mind-body techniques was in high school, when I used visualization to improve my volleyball skills. Years later, when I discovered how the mind works and how we can powerfully create change in our lives, I realized I didn’t have to be stuck in old patterns of thought and behavior. Through the study and practice of hypnotherapy, I learned to successfully manage headaches and arthritic pain! As I gradually freed myself from limiting fears and beliefs, I also found relief from depression and felt alive again! I began to use hypnosis and NLP to help family members find a way out of life-long addictions and limiting thought patterns, to a better way of life.
I love being able to share what I have learned, to help others stop beating themselves up emotionally and to realize they don’t have to stay the same – we really can change the way we think and react! By directing the subconscious to work in our favor, we can empower ourselves to create change that will make our lives better somehow. We can have hope where we had given up hope. When hope is restored in meaningful ways that produce results, lives are changed!
Education and Credentials:
- Certified Hypnotherapist, National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH)
- Stress Management Consultant, Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- Motivational Coach, Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming, Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills, National Federation of NeuroLinguistic Programming (NFNLP)
- Cognitive Behavioral Coach, Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- Northwestern College, 1983