Throughout my life I have had a persistent interest in helping others to overcome barriers in their lives that limit them in accomplishing their goals. When I became aware of the power of the subconscious mind which could be harnessed through hypnosis to bring about desired changes in behaviors, habits and thinking patterns, I grew excited at the possibility of using hypnosis as a tool to help others. However, it all sounded just a little too good to be true so, being an analytically minded skeptic, I set about to find out for myself the truth about whether or not hypnosis really worked. What I discovered from my research was that the efficacy of hypnosis was strongly supported by overwhelming evidence from many studies conducted by reputable sources (Harvard, Columbia, Stanford etc.) Although I am not from Missouri , I still somehow felt skeptical and wanted to see for myself if hypnosis really worked.
I conducted my own personal “litmus test” by going to a local NGH certified hypnotherapist to see if hypnosis could help me overcome my lifelong fingernail biting habit – a habit that I had never been able to break despite trying to do so many times through the years. The result: after only one hypnosis session, my nail biting habit was gone. I was convinced. I soon enrolled in the Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills and began my journey as a hypnotherapist.
I am passionate about helping others by using the powerful tool of hypnosis to coach them in the process of making meaningful changes to their lives. Hypnosis really does work; let it work for you!
Education and Credentials:
- Certified Hypnotherapist, National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH)
- Stress Management Consultant, Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- Motivational Coach, Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming, Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills, National Federation of NeuroLinguistic Programming (NFNLP)
- Cognitive Behavioral Coach, Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- M.A. Organizational Management, H.R. emphasis, Concordia University, 2009
- B.S. Business Administration, LeTourneau University, 1980