I first heard of hypnotherapy when a friend shared that he had seen a hypnotherapist for anger management. The growing impact on his behavior and family relationships was remarkable, with only 3 sessions. I continued to encounter similar stories of people experiencing amazing results using hypnotherapy. Inspired by its apparent effectiveness and the vision of having a healing influence on people’s lives, I began to research and study hypnosis, therapeutic techniques and the power of the mind for achieving physical, spiritual, and emotional healing. When I began to practice self-hypnosis for my own personal growth, I found relief from stress, anxiety, insomnia, and perfectionism. I also began practicing on friends and family, with encouraging results for anxiety, confidence, pain control and weight management.
I have always had a passion for helping people as they progress through life’s challenges. I was active in church ministry for 30 years, teaching and mentoring one-on-one, designing and directing weekly multimedia presentations, participating in music and drama teams, planning and coordinating women’s retreats, writing class curriculum, and leading Bible studies. I was involved in community theater for 8 years, performing on stage and in the orchestra pit. I contracted administrative and graphic design services for over 20 years. I now enjoy combining my teaching, organizational and creative skills with hypnotherapy to help people achieve their goals.
Education and Credentials:
- Certified Hypnotherapist, National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH)
- Stress Management Consultant, Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- Motivational Coach, Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming, Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills, National Federation of NeuroLinguistic Programming (NFNLP)
- Cognitive Behavioral Coach, Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- Foundations in Hypnotherapy, Hypnosis Motivational Institute
- Healing the Inner Child with Hypnosis Certification, American Hypnosis Association
- Continuing Education in HTML, CSS, and Web Design, Anoka Technical College, Anoka, MN
- B.A. in Christian Education, A.A. in Youth Ministries, Baptist Bible College, Springfield, MO, 1982